0

tendulkar's wax statue

Finally, we have a wax statue of Sachin Tendulkar at Madame Tussauds! I know its not flash news but guys I have been busy with work in the last couple of weeks and I finally got a chance to post an update. I think the credit goes to the Madame Tussauds team for taking the initiative and finishing it although a bit delayed. The wax statue is going to be unveiled tomorrow i.e April 24th 2009 on the Master Blaster’s 36th birthday. So, do catch up and find out if it looks real.

During the unveiling ceremony in Mumbai, Sachin said, “It is a great honour to be there at the Tussauds. I know I am the first sportsperson of the country to be there. I think it is an appreciation and a reflection of my contribution to Indian cricket.

I am not a person who normally reacts easily to anything. But when I and my family saw it, something identical to myself, my reaction was something different. I have not reacted like that before, my reaction was special. It was so real, it was fantastic. But I am glad it does not breath.

(My son) Arjun wanted to take down the bat and start playing but I told him not to get very close.”

Asked next to whom he would want his wax statue to be placed at the Tussauds, Tendulkar said, “I don’t mind to be next to anybody. The fact that it will be there itself was a great honour. There are so many great personalities there including Indians,” he said.

Asked if he felt authorities at Tussauds should have done it earlier, Tendulkar said, “I am not the person to decide whether my statue should have been one or two year before or this year. I am not concerned about that. I am happy that I will be there now. It is a happy moment.

Right from 15 years of age I have thought of going to the Tussauds and even during my stay in England to play cricket I did not have time to go there because of my schedule. This time I will be there to know how this wax statues are made of.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top Web Stats