0

tendulkar quotes

And that is the reason why this victory is great, because different players have made contributions to the win.

At least with me, the match starts much, much earlier than the actual match.

Beating Pakistan is always special because they are a tough team and we have a bit if a history regarding Pakistan.

Before coming here I had a minor back problem and I thought whenever I play Pakistan I get a back problem.

But eventually it is a game of cricket.

But it is not fair to blame a particular individual in a team comprising 11 members.

Every individual has his own style, his own way of presenting himself on and off the field.

From the spinners, Anil and I have been together for a long time and I respect him a lot.

I always had a dream to play for India but I never let it put pressure on me.

I am not thinking too far ahead, just want to take it one thing at a time.

I believe every era has its significance and the same holds true for players and coaches.

I didn’t want to prove a point, cause bowlers always want to make a statement and my job is to go out and score runs for India.

I feel when somebody has been playing cricket for a long time, he creates a separate identity for himself.

I find it difficult to sleep even after all these years because my mind is constantly working and that is the way I have always prepared.

I hate losing and cricket being my first love, once I enter the ground it’s a different zone altogether and that hunger for winning is always there.

I have never believed in comparisons, whether they are about different eras, players or coaches.

I have never thought where I will go, or forced any targets on myself.

I have never tried to compare myself to anyone else.

I have played for 15 years and it has been a dream.

I just keep it simple. Watch the ball and play it on merit.

I just want to continue the way I am going.

I myself want to learn to play the guitar because I just love music and I want to learn to play at least one good musical instrument.

I never played with a runner in my entire life, even in schools, because only I know where the ball is going and how hard, when I hit the ball, something my runner will never know about.

I want to give my six hours of serious cricket on the ground and then take whatever the result.

If one man is representing India in cricket, then yes, blame that person when things go wrong.

Imran Khan did not become Imran Khan overnight. He worked hard to become a legend.

Isn’t cricket supposed to be a team sport? I feel people should decide first whether cricket is a team game or an individual sport.

It doesn’t always happen according to the way you have planned things out but I feel if you have covered most of the aspects, it does help out there in the middle.

It has been very good here, but the World Cup game was different. It had a different significance to it.

It is my job to make runs for the country and win. That is the job I have to do.

Lara’s done very well recently and I never had any doubts about the abilities of Lara or Waugh.

Moment there is contact your sub conscious mind knows whether it’s a single or more. It’s that fraction of contact that matters.

My first strategy was not to give any wickets in first five to six overs because first 10 overs were important.

My point of view is that when I am playing cricket I cannot think that this game is less or more important.

New Zealand’s Daniel Vettori is a very good bowler.

Obviously after such a long gap, one itches to get back to the game and score big runs.

Shoaib Akhtar has been playing for 5, 6 years and is an experienced bowler.

The Australian tour was good for us; it was ideal preparation for us.

There are a few players who don’t like to think about the game.

Wasim and Waqar were amazing bowlers. I would put them right up there with the best in the world.

We defeated England in Natwest and also in Sri Lanka, but it’s was psychological game and I wanted to settle a score because of memories of losing at Wankhede Stadium were there.

When I was 15, I started playing first class cricket and always dreamt of being a Test cricketer, wanted to do something for the country, married in 1995, have 2 kids it’s been great.

When there is time to think about cricket, I think but when there is time to be with family, I try to do justice to that aspect of my life as well.

My big sister gave it to me after returning from a trip to Kashmir, which is known for its high-quality willows. It wasn’t the best bat, but it was like a piece of gold to me. I used to imagine myself batting for India, hitting fours and sixes, the people cheering.
I used that bat until it broke ..

I was the only one supporting John McEnroe — everyone used to call me “Mac” because I styled myself on him. I made my father buy me the same headbands and sweatbands and even grew my hair long. You wouldn’t believe the pictures of me from that time. I was also extremely naughty. Very, very difficult to handle. …I had a nanny who used to run after me virtually 24 hours a day, because I never wanted to go home

My father, who died in 1999, was never a cricket fan, not at all. He was a writer and a poet: he taught Marathi, my mother tongue, at the local university. But he understood exactly how to get the best out of me. He always encouraged me and told my mother that he had full faith in me. It was probably reverse psychology, but as I got older I felt like I could not misuse that trust. He warned me against taking short cuts and told me to just keep playing, despite the ups and downs. My parents taught me that it is important to live every day of your life with grace and honour.When it came to choosing between cricket and going to university, he said: “You can play cricket, I know that is your first love, so go for it.”
Of course, my parents were extremely happy when I became the youngest player to play for India, at 16. ..

Cricket is something very, very special to me. It has never been about owning this or that car and the other things that come with this life.. An obsession with money or worldly matters was always thumbed down. My only dream was to wear the Indian cap and the Indian colours. In that respect, my childhood dreams have come true…..

Having children brings back all my old childhood memories, wonderful years. Now, every minute is measured and calculated. I still dream — without dreams, life is flat, you stagnate. I don’t go to the temple every morning, but I do pray. I thank God for everything he has given me, because life has been very good to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top Web Stats